Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 1 Continued: The Beginning Of The Beginning Of The End Of The Beginning's End

You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

Well...this is it. Time to head out. Out into the vastness of space, filled with possibilities. Danger, adventure, excitement, drunken weekends and sexual confusion, all of it. Bring it on, I say!

Before I leave, I load my cargo hold with only the essentials: 10 units of water, the first three seasons of Battlestar Galactica on HoloReel, and my faithful janitor, Pedro.

Pedro is here to help. Or else.

Pedro didn't want to go. But he's going anyway, damnit. YOU HEAR ME, PEDRO? Yeah, that's right. You know who signs your paychecks.
At least I won't have to worry about cleaning up my own bodily waste should such a thing happen.
...What? Oh, don't feel bad for him. He gets a 30 minute break every day, and he even gets first choice on the nutrient slop that dispenses from the kitchen.
*hides steak*

SO. Time to set off, then! Come on, Pedro! We're off to see the galaxy!
If you're gonna puke, use the sick bag. Yeah, having your atoms broken down and then reformed after every jumpgate can make you a little nauseous sometimes. Here we go!

19 jumps to my first target system, Hek. Hek is the gateway to a group of solar systems that each have at least 2 landmarks and/or interesting places to visit. Sounds like a good start, no?

Time to say goodbye to my beloved home system of Venilen. Here's hoping for the best!

So long, Venilen!

It's only a few jumps before I get a hit on my system info bar...somewhere to visit! Woohoo!

I warp over to my very first landmark, a ship graveyard in Algogille, a remnant of an old battle between Gallente and Caldari forces. And a pretty nice sight.

Ship Graveyard

Two jumps in, and I encounter a junk yard in Deltole, along with some Minmitar agents sitting around. Don't they get bored just sitting there and staring at junk all day? All I know is this: They're not as bored as Pedro.

A surprisingly pretty Junkyard

Sometimes I think ringed gas giants exist solely to look nice.

For a bunch of junk, it sure looks pretty.

Just a short update for now, working on a bigger one that should be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment