Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 1 Continued (again): Pink Floyd Soundtrack

"Ford," Arthur said, "you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

Still in Deltole, I find another beacon and warp to it...and I'm greeted by this:

Whoa.

There's a constant stream of frigate and cruiser rats flooding into the area, and a lone Ferox in the middle of it all, popping rats left and right.
I ask him if it's okay if I Salvage his wrecks, but he's silent, so I'll take that as a yes.
Maybe he was rendered speechless by my awesome salvaging skills. Yeah, that's it...

I putt my way over to the wrecks and start salvaging...and then the Ferox warps out.
Uh oh.
I'm immediately targeted by 5 Rats, and with no offensive weaponry I can't last very long. The armor rep and DCU helps, but I only get 6 wrecks before I have to warp out, lest I pop like a juicy melon. A melon made of meat.

My grand haul consists of 2 metal scraps, 5 burned micro chips, and some lorentz fluid. Whatever the hell that is. I'M A HUNDREDAIRE!

I did, however, manage to snap a few pics on my way out.

Image 1

Image 2

Sure looks nice when you're not running in fear of frigate rats. Bah.
Anyway, time to move on.

The junkyard and battle site a distant memory, I continue on my journey across the universe (well, galaxy). A few jumps go by with nothing worth noting...there's a little place called The Carnival in Barkrik, but it turns out to be little more than a small, ruined station with a named Cruiser sitting on it (which I couldn't kill, of course). Same for a complex a short warp jump away, guarded by a single named enemy.

Barkrik seems pretty boring...but as luck would have it, I warp to the most awe-inspiring sight I've ever seen in Eve. It's just so much different than anything I've seen. Words can't really do it justice...here's a few pics for you:

Hyperbole Nexus

Does this image give anyone else the urge to play Sonic?...

The good ones, I mean. Not the crappy new ones. Genesis for life, yo. Word.

That would be the Hyperbole Nexus. It's very...blue, isn't it? I love those towering funnels of...whatever they are. This alone has been worth the trip so far. I probably sat in that spot for a good 5 minutes, just taking it in. And to think...I've only just started this journey.

After spending a good amount of time there, I warp out to the third place in this system, something called The Reactor Factory. Also blue and glowy, but not nearly to the extent of the nexus.

Pedro is going to need to build me a bigger storage container to keep all these pics in.

A few more jumps with nothing to see, but I did spot a nice-looking planet next to one of the jump gates:

No, I'm not going to make a bad pun about the planet being shocking or something. Relax.

Finally I arrive in Hek, and jump to the closest system, Nakugard.
I've come to like Nakugard. You'll see why.

...Upon re-reading what I've written in this post so far, I've come to realize that being tired is killing my ability to be funny. BUT I SHALL PRESS ON, because you have to see this:

Damn.

I think I just sat here for 10 minutes staring at the sparkly things.

Pictures don't do it justice.

Finally, the elusive Glass Edge. This is the place that made me want to explore in the first place, and I finally found it. Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters for everyone!

My thirst for new places satiated, I pull into a dock and order the first available sleeping quarters, staring out the view port at the glittering lights of the Glass Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment